Thursday, August 18, 2011

Two for two!

I've got verbal offers from both places I interviewed. Woohoo x2!

Choosing between them is going to be interesting. The long-term ICU has an intensive training program for dealing with high-acuity and stepdown, but is very specialized to that kind of nursing. The Large Hospital System fellowship has a much broader training scope and a much wider variety of positions.

There's a salary difference, too, but the one that pays more will require a contract to work there for N months. I'm not certain that the extra cash is worth giving up that much freedom. (If money were my top priority I would have stayed in IT.)

What the hell, I'm going to not even think about that stuff now. Time enough when the paperwork arrives. For now I'm just happy that I've got employment lined up and will not be spending the rest of my life on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment