Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Two shots

Yesterday was the interview for the fellowship I talked about in my previous post. That was a short meeting, with some "tell me a story about" bits (easy) and some of those annoyingly squishy behavioral questions (less easy). I think I did well enough and I feel good about my chances.

It helps that I've passed NCLEX already. And it helps that there are between 60 and 80 openings in this fellowship. Plus, I killed time talking with some of the competition from other schools, and I like to think I compare favorably against them (if I do say so myself).

A few of my classmates were also there to interview at the same time. They're all quite brilliant and very nearly as awesome as I am, so they should get the next spots after me. :)

Then, today, I interviewed at a long-term acute care facility. I gave them my resume at a random job fair a short time ago and was shocked to get called in so quickly. This one felt like it went very well, to the point that they spent more time telling me about the job than asking questions. They even gave me a tour of the facility and a description of how scheduling works. This place only has four openings, but I get the distinct impression that the interviewer wants to offer me one.

The LTC says they will send out offers next week. Given the choice I would prefer the hospital, but they won't be deciding for 2-4 weeks. If I do get an offer from the LTC right away, I wonder how long I could stall before answering?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a rough problem to have :) Good luck, and may the best job win.

    ReplyDelete