Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Irene Day 13: Ramping Down

HQ has been getting a lot quieter this week. That's all part of the plan. 

The role of the Red Cross is to help with the most important and emergent needs, immediately after the disaster. As those needs are met, as people and communities move into the long-term recovery phase, ARC services give way to FEMA and local institutions.

People have been getting outprocessed and redeployed pretty steadily. When I got here we had thirteen people on the Health Services team. As of tomorrow I'll be one of three, and the only RN. 

If we keep getting enough referrals from Client Services caseworkers to stay busy, I'll be here until Friday. But with nearly all the referrals done, and nearly all the caseworkers redeployed to places like Binghamton or Harrisburg, I may be going home even earlier. 

That would be just fine with me. Two weeks is a long time to be away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment